With its quick-positioning vise, blade guides, built-in gauge, and detachable chip tray, the Jet HBS-916W Horizontal Band Saw is one of the most feature-packed band saws in its price category, making it one of the finest options available.
We believe that this is one of the best 9 inch band saw machines for the price because of its functionality, precision, and efficiency, as well as its powerful 1-1/2 HP motor. As a result, it consistently delivers excellent results, which is why we consider it to be among the best 9 inch band saw machines.
Why don’t you find out more information about the Jet HBS-916W Bandsaw and locate the greatest deals on Amazon.com?
The HBS-916W is a metal bandsaw that has heavy-duty performance, which makes it a versatile instrument that can be used for a broad variety of applications on the job site or in the workshop. There are a multitude of features built into each Jet HBS-916W Horizontal Band Saw, including the following:
- The cutting capacity is 9 inches by 16 inches.
- Large handwheels that are equipped with their own gauges make blade tensioning a breeze.
- Vise has swivel and quick-positioning capabilities that can be readily adjusted to a 45-degree angle
- 1 inch be-metal blade
- Variable speed (82, 132, 170, 235-ft per minute)
- Chip tray, for the purpose of collecting dirt and debris while operating Blade guard (works in all blade positions)
- Guides for carbide blades that are supported by ball bearings
- a comprehensive cooling system that shields the blades
- After cutting through a piece of metal, the machine will turn off automatically.
- Material stop that is fully adjustable
Blade Length 119.5 inches; Blade Thickness.035 inch; Weight 625 pounds; Dimensions (L x W x H): 65 x 22 x 42 inches Round at 45°, 6-1/8 inch; Round at 90°, 9 inch; Rectangle at 45°, 9 x 6-1/8 inch; Rectangle at 90°, 8-1/2 x 14 & 2 x 16 inch; Rectangle at 45°, 9 x 6-1/8 inch; Rec
Pros & Cons
Cast iron structure, a motor with 1.5 horsepower, and a cutting capacity of 9 inches combine to make the Jet HBS-916W Horizontal Band Saw a dependable piece of equipment that is up to the challenge of performing the most demanding metal cutting tasks. It has a multitude of properties, including the following:
- Cutting through a variety of metals is a breeze because to the big horizontal blade that measures 9 inches.
- Because of the built-in gauge and the big hand wheel, achieving the ideal blade tension is a simple and uncomplicated operation.
- Because it is powered by a robust motor with variable speed that has a horsepower rating of 1.5, the saw’s speed and performance may be tailored to the requirements of a given task. The performance that is quickest and most effective for the selected metal may be achieved with one of four variable speed choices: 132, 170, or 235 feet per minute.
- Because of the hydraulic downfeed system, the ability to accomplish a smooth cutting action regardless of whether the machine is in the horizontal or inclined position is much improved.
- The Jet HBS-916W was designed with a completely guarded blade to provide an additional layer of protection, and this guard is effective in its function regardless of the orientation of the blade.
- The quick-positioning vise makes it possible for the clamping action of the jaws to be completely adjusted in a straightforward and expedient manner.
- The Jet HBS-916W is equipped with a chip tray that provides convenient access and can be stowed away out of the way when it is not in use. This helps to keep the workspace organized and clear of clutter.
- It is constructed with a coolant system, much like the other Jet bandsaws, in order to protect the blades and increase the amount of time they may be used effectively. The coolant is intended to spread through the blade guides in a uniform manner.
- This Jet horizontal band saw is intended to turn off automatically after cutting through a piece of metal. This feature, which keeps the blade from operating while it is not really being used, is included for the purpose of increasing operational safety.
- Because there have not been enough online views of the Jet HBS-916W, it is not able to convey in a clear and concise manner the concerns that consumers have expressed about this piece of gear.
The Jet HBS-916W automated bandsaw is one of the most impressive saws available in its price range due to the abundance of features that come standard on this model. This horizontal band saw is constructed with a robust motor that is rated at 1.5 horsepower as well as other safety and performance features to ensure that it delivers a consistent and dependable performance while cutting through the various materials. The HBS-916W is an excellent piece of equipment that is recommended for those who are looking for a bandsaw that is simple to use, powerful, secure, and has a high rate of cutting speed.